My First Love

I really hadn't seriously thought about "my first love," until today, of which I feel remorse. I've had this post in draft form for the past two weeks (at least the title), and now I understand why...

A couple of weeks ago when I titled this post, the first love I had in mind was my passion for something I like to do. I'm so glad I hesitated, since my first love is NOT the passion I feel for a 'thing,' but the passion I feel for a man: JESUS CHRIST! He is my first love!

Much has occurred in my life in the past few weeks; many positive things. Those occurrences wouldn't have happened without MY LORD and SAVIOR! They were things that could only have happened supernaturally, since they were inexplicable. 

Timing, decisions, thoughts, and even my actions were in sync, but of which I didn't have control. Things that occurred were not coincidental. Decisions I made were beyond my control. Thoughts I had were constant. They would not go away; I couldn't get them out of my head. Then, I was 'thrust' into action, which was bound by my faith and trust in the Lord, although it was all beyond my control.

Since I've learned to trust my Lord and Savior, I have a heightened awareness of when He's "speaking." He speaks through prayer, through circumstances, through others (even through those I'd least expect), through His Word (which is truly "alive--the living word"), and through church fellowship.

I would be extremely negligent to put something, or anything before Him, since He FIRST loved me. Not only with this consideration, I can do nothing without Him!
"We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19  (KJV) 
"What is impossible with man is possible with God." Luke 18:27 (NIV)

Comments

Popular Posts