MIssed Blessings

Sometimes,"we can't see the forest for the trees" because, we're busy "looking a gift horse in the mouth." Yes, these may be cliche, but they hold a bit of truth (these cliches have interesting origins; research them if you have a spare moment!). 

Based on personal experience, being the recipient of a gift, humanitarian gesture, or an act of kindness, it was difficult because I didn't (past tense -- I no longer feel this way or have this mindset) feel worthy, and/or, I responded as a result of previously being betrayed. I always felt there was an ulterior motive. Therefore, I either rejected the blessing or refused to value it as such.

Upon accepting Jesus Christ, and developing my relationship with Him, I began to understand from a spiritual focus that I missed blessings, because I was so busy trying to analyze the person, purpose or source of the blessing, and didn't stop to think if it was an answered prayer, which I had asked for and forgotten...

However, a word to the wise...just accept the blessing, thank God for it, and move-on. 

Comments

Popular Posts